2016-17 Spindle Assembly, 3 mm Offset, 48mm Drop, 48mm Fork, 190mm CL
3 carbon fiber ¼” blades, 27 titanium bolts, (10) 5 axis cnc machined 6061 aluminum parts, attach your maxkeel ski to the front forks of your mx bike, giving you the ultimate in design, and handling while making a statement that you care about the details.
Need to move your bike around easily, by yourself, with little effort? The spindle assembly has been designed around the freewheel kit right from the start, 30 seconds to install and remove by yourself. Nothing is easier and stronger, period! Designed from the start to have strength with functional design, the yeti ski spindle has been tested to the breaking point and back many times.
2016 SKI SPINDLE DIAGRAM : REF:YASU1169
2016 SPINDLE COMPONENTS SPECS
- YPHW1611 BEARING, IGLIDE Q2-EXTREME LOAD, 16MM ID X 18MM OD X 17MM LONG, 2MM FLANGE 2
- YPHW1003 BOLT, M8-1.25 X 16mm, FLANGE HEAD 12mm HEX DRIVE, Ti 16
- YPHW1376 BOLT, M8-1.25 X 43mm, FLANGE HEAD 12mm HEX DRIVE, Ti 2
- YPSP1432 SPINDLE FORK CLAMP, RH, 1/4" BLADE 1
- YPSP1433 SPINDLE BLADE OUTSIDE, LH, RH, 15.5, 1/4" BLADE 2
- YPSP1079 SPINDLE BLADE SPACER 1
- YPSP1028 SPINDLE FORK CLAMP SPACER 1
- YPHW1009 BOLT, M8-1.25 X 20mm, SOCKET HEAD 6mm DRIVE, Ti 2
- YPHW1008 BOLT, M8-1.25 X 25mm, SOCKET HEAD 6mm DRIVE, Ti 4
- YPHW1594 BOLT, M6-1.0 X 30mm, SOCKET HEAD 5mm DRIVE, Ti 2
- YPSP1431 SPINDLE FORK CLAMP, LH, 1/4" BLADE 48mm 190mm CL 1
- YPSP1165 SPINDLE FORK CLAMP CAP, 48MM, LH 1
- YPSP1023 SPINDLE FORK CLAMP CAP, 48MM, RH 1
- YPSP1027 SPINDLE AXLE SPACER, 26MM AXLE, 2.375" LONG (SHIPS IN ADAPTER PARTS BOX) 2
- YPSP1168 SPINDLE BLADE, CENTER, 15.5 AXLE, 35MM OFFSET, KTM, BETA, ASM 1
- YPSP1430 SPINDLE 1/2 BLOCK, ASM, 1/4" BLADE 2
SPINDLE TECH TIPS
The YETI Spindle is installed as a complete assembly in a rotating, motion holding the spindle at a 45 degree angle. Watch the installation video.
The carbon blades do flex, and it is possible for the bolts to work loose over time. Check all the 12mm bolt heads every few rides, and snug them up. Proper torque on these bolts is 18-20 ft/lbs.
SPINDLE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What happens if I crash and break a carbon fibre blade? How much is that to replace?
A: In two winter seasons of riding, we have sold less than a handful of carbon blades. The blades will flex a long way and return back to shape in the event of a crash. If they are flexed past their limit they will break, this is a serious event, such as hitting a culvert head on, or even a large rock head on. We have seen typically one blade break, but breaking all 3 could happen.
See the links above to access the part prices.
Q: Will it dent my lower fork legs if I crash my bike?
A: We have had very few cases of the lower fork legs denting reported back to us. It can happen on extreme crashes. We have also witnessed in a large crash the carbon blade(s) will break saving the fork tube(s).
Q: I have a YAMAHA YZ 450 now, and I am getting a KTM 450, what parts do I need to make the YETI Spindle fit my new bike?
A: Please refer to our Bike Adapter page on this website, and enter your information in to our chart that will show you which parts you need vs. what parts you currently have. Some spindles will swap between bikes with only an axle spacer change, some will require a new centre carbon blade, the two outer carbon blades are all the same on the 2016 YETI.